Vientiane to Phou Khao Khouay Park - 2 days
. Vientiane > Ban Hatkhai > Tad Leuk > Vientiane
Day 1: Vientiane > Ban Hatkhai
We will be transferred from Vientiane to Ban Hatkhai, where a long-tail boat takes us up stream on the Nam Mang, before continuing along one of its tributaries, Houay Xai. A 2 hours trek passes through an evergreen canopy as we gain height. A picnic lunch is served on the way.
The magnificent pair of waterfalls Tad Xay and Pha Xay, particularly beautiful during and after the rainy season are reached in the afternoon. You have some free time at Tad Xay which has a pool recommended for bathing.
From here, a truck takes the group to Ban Hatkhai, where the night is spent in a home-stay.
Approximately: 2.5 hour transfer, 1 hour boating & 2 hours trekking.
- Meals: Lunch/Dinner
- Accommodation: Homestay at local village
Day 2: Ban Hatkhai > Tad Leuk > Vientiane
After an early breakfast, we will be transferred to the Tad Leuk Waterfall. The Tad Leuk is a local tourist attraction amidst the mixed deciduous forest. A permanent exhibit at the Visitors' Center gives some good information on the flora and fauna of the national park. The Tad Leuk Nature Trail points out some interesting botanic details. We will have lunch at Tad Leuk.
In the afternoon, the trek follows a path along the Nam Leuk to the Tad Sang (Elephant Waterfall) waterfall, another idyllic place for bathing and relaxation. Along the way, a large number of orchids can be seen, especially in wet season. From here, we return to Vientiane by songthaew.
Approximately: 3 hours transfer & 3 hours trekking.
- Meals: Breakfast/Lunch
- Accommodation: N/A
- THIS IS OUR DEFAULT ITINERARY AND IS CHANGEABLE DEPENDING ON YOUR INTEREST
What's included ?
Note*: breakfast is included at the hotel/homestay.
- Overnight at homestay
- Local English speaking guides
- Entrance fees for sightseeing mentioned in the itinerary
- Excursions as mentioned in the itinerary
- Tours and transfers as mentioned
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Meals and services other than those noted in the itinerary
- Visas for Laos
- Laundry, telephone calls, and personal expenditures
- Gratuities for guides, drivers, porters, boat crew, and personal, non-itinerary services
- FOC for infant under 2 years old
- 02 - 6 years old without bed: 35% adult rate
- 06 - 11 years old with extra bed: 75% adult rate
- 06 - 11 years old in twin share: 90% adult rate
- Cancellation received 60 days or more before arrival date: 10% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 30 days to 59 days prior arrival date: 20% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 15 days to 29 days prior arrival date: 30% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 7 days to 14 days prior arrival date: 50% of total rate
- Cancellation received less than 7 days prior arrival date or No show: 100% of total rate